Stupid, Retarded and downright Ridiculous Youtube Comments

The aim of this website is to document and preserve the most retarded Youtube comments, so that people a hundred years from now can look back and take solace in the fact that the authors of these stupid comments have all since died. Some in horrible car crashes. Some from falling off ladders. Some from choking on peanuts. And some from falling off ladders while choking on peanuts. Thank God for Evolution.

Email the site at: syc09.blog@gmail.com

Youtube Comments: The Statistics

I decided to do a little bit of research. What I did was choose the first featured video that I saw on the Youtube homepage and check the first page of it's comments section for spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

10 comments were on the first page. Here are the stats:
  • 7 out of the 10 of those comments didn't use proper capitalisation.
  • 4 out of the 10 comments used bad grammar. Note that I was very lenient when choosing which comments had grammatical errors or not, even going so far as to overlook certain spelling mistakes.
  • If I was a strict English teacher with a cold heart and a religious devotion to the English language, I would have said that 9/10 of these comments used bad grammar.
  • 4 out of 10 comments had misspelled words.
Note that some of these comments had common typos. The aim of this blog is not to become a witch-hunt for spelling mistakes alone; instead the aim of this blog is to highlight the stupidity of certain Youtube comments. I am not a Grammar Nazi and I honestly do not care whether somebody misspells a word by accident or not: As long as the comment can still be understood. The aim of this blog is to highlight certain comments that are either atrociously bad in the grammar department, or comments that are just plainly fucktarded in terms of logic and actual content. I will mainly be focusing on the latter.

7 comments:

  1. Not trying to be "that guy" but you do realize that "I seen" is not correct grammer? It's "I saw" or "I have/had seen"

    ReplyDelete
  2. And my fault, I realize it's grammar, not grammer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, I did state that the site isn't about random spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. It's about retarded comments. Secondly, hahaha.... oh wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, that should read ..."the first page of its comments section"...

    Note the spelling of "its". The apostrophe is not needed unless you're trying to say "it is."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seen that earlier but didn't bother to change it. As I said; the goal of the site is not to be pedantic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with what you're saying, a lot of the comments are stupid, but I think you should also consider that the lack of grammar may also be because a large precentage of youtuber's now come from countries, who do not have english as their first language. The misspelling is not because they're stupid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disagree with this statement. Yes, a portion can be written off due to the increased number of foreigners commenting in english, but the vast majority of the people leaving these comments are people that have spoken english as a primary language for their whole life. Half the time foreign people can write better than the people who speak English as their first language. It is sad to see the inevitable decline of the English language. The one thing that I can agree with is that it isn't all because of unintelligence. What aggravates me the most is the fact that this decline can be almost entirely attributed to the lack of caring that people about how they write speak. I can handle unintelligence, but not laziness.

      Delete